You just about have to be a celebrity to create a buzz around a topic, enough to get millions of people talking about it. Unfortunately, not all of us are in a position like that. The good news is that we can still utilize people like Oprah or Dr. Oz, for our own benefits.
It's actually pretty easy, and it can be done in pretty much any industry.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Figure out who the celebrities are in your industry.
2. Visit their blogs, watch their shows, videos and find what is most popular.
3. Read, watch and research what they are talking about in their piece.
4. Write an article about the same topic with your own opinion about it and refer to their article.
5. Comment on the celebrity's original page and share your opinion and try leaving a link to your article.
6. Search for other places people are talking about the same topic and join in the conversation.
7. Share your post everywhere you can.
This is how you piggyback on, or hijack, the celebrity's power.
By doing this, we already know that the topic is popular, we have a celebrity covering it, so there is buzz around it. Let's face it, it would be hard to get a celebrity to cover something that we came up with our selves. Here, we are reversing it and adjusting to something they are already talking about.
It's a simple trick that can help you get some more exposure.
What To Say About It?
Being controversial works great in this situation, disagreeing with a celebrity, while having valid arguments will get lots of eyeballs. Adding or validating their opinion is also a good way to get people to be interested in what you have to say. Just make sure you are not blowing smoke... check your facts before you get on this train, as it can hurt your brand pretty severely if you do this haphazardly. Wow, I have never actually used this word in a sentence before.
Who is the celebrity in your industry that you wish would help you get more traffic to your blog? Give us a name and a URL to their blog.
If you have any questions, please write them in the comments and I will do my best to answer as promptly as I can.